So my blogiversary has come and gone with nary even a word of acknowledgement from me. This space has gone through quite a few ups and downs over the last few years. I started in mid-2013 with a super scrappy site I built myself called Kittlywinks, even though I’d never done HTML coding in my life. After a couple of months, I became overly busy around the holidays and lost interest in continuing. Then another six months later I picked it back up again with the new name Oddly Lovely and a beautiful new design from Erin of Two Thirds Hazel.
Since that time I’ve had periods of time where all I could think about was creating my next post. I spent all my spare money on advertising and was religious about responding to all of the sometimes 200+ comments I received in a week. After a while life became busy again, and now I’m back to just a couple of posts a week where I’m not always the best about responding to comments. I’m sorry about that, btw – sometimes I feel like I have to choose between spending a few hours writing a new post or spending a few hours responding to comments. I have to assume that you guys would prefer I’d do the former anyways.
All that being said, there are a handful of posts buried deep in my archives that I kind of love. While the photos are often sub-par and the style is perhaps a bit amateur, these are some of my favorite recipes and most time-consuming DIYs and tips very dear to my heart. With the exception of my mom (hi Mom!), I’ll assume most of you haven’t been reading my blog since June 2013. So I just wanted to take a moment to direct you to these slightly old, but still really cool posts.
1. So You’re in Your 20s and Thinking About Adopting a Dog – November, 2013
2. Gorgonzola Figs Wrapped in Prosciutto – June, 2013
3. Sci-fi Fantasy Shows on Netflix to Binge Watch this Weekend – November, 2013
4. Five Steps to the Ultimate Pampering Evening – December, 2013
5. Birthday Cake Milkshake – December, 2013
6. Pumpkin Peanut Butter Dog Treats – November, 2013
7. Chicken Pot Pie – November, 2013
8. Doing It Myself: Quote Coasters – June, 2014
9. 5 Foods to Buy at Trader Joe’s – July, 2014
What’s an old post of yours that your readers haven’t seen but that you love? I want to read it!