All you UK ladies are so familiar with Lush, but it’s a relatively new phenomenon over here in the States. I think I only visited my first store a couple of years ago, and when I mention it to girl friends, most of them just give me a confused look.
Still, it’s a welcome change from the sterile, chemically environment of Sephora. Don’t get me wrong, I love the mecca of makeup, but I do feel better about putting a bunch of fruits, veggies, natural cremes, etc. on my face, especially if they work (and boy, do they!). Let me tell you about some of my favorite Lush products and confess the ones that didn’t really work for me.
Here’s my “must have” Lush products I can’t recommend highly enough:
- Catastrophe Cosmetic Fresh Face Mask – Honestly, I’ve had some pretty fabulous experiences with most of Lush’s face masks (check out this post for my favorites), but this one is the ultimate.
- Fresh Farmacy – If there is one acne fighting product I could recommend beyond all others, it’s this one. Not too expensive, not too harsh, it’s truly the rockstar of my skincare products.
- Popcorn Lip Scrub – Delicious! This lip scrub is both effective, especially when applied before putting on lipstick, and also quite tasty.
Here’s the ones that I felt generally didn’t impress:
- Tea Tree Water – Although I generally like tea tree in general for skincare, I’ve never had much luck with toners. Honestly, this didn’t feel any more effective than spritzing water on my face.
- Vanishing Creme – I don’t think too highly of Lush’s face moisturizers. They’re quite pricy, and honestly less impressive than the good ones you can pick up at the drug store.
- Cupcake Fresh Face Mask – As much as I sing the praises of Lush’s fresh face masks, this one didn’t do much. Sure, it smelled delicious, but I didn’t feel like it did much for my skin.
What Lush products have rocked your socks? What has flopped?
Also, I’ve teamed up with some other bloggers to bring you a giveaway with an amazing prize for one lucky reader! We’re giving away a $200 Lush gift card. You can enter daily over the next two weeks and earn bonus entries by sharing the giveaway with your friends on social media. Good luck!
Prize: $200 Lush Card
Giveaway organized by: Oh My Gosh Beck!
Rules: Use the Rafflecopter form to enter daily. Giveaway ends 11/7 and is open worldwide.